Saturday, November 8, 2008

Well, Whoomp De Freakin' Do!!

I forgot to mention, friends. It's a short side-note. On Wednesday, Tom and I listened in on the top of the 9th. We were catching the rain makeup game 5 of the World Series played between the Tampa Bay Rays and the Philadelphia Phillies. I mostly tuned in, Tom started to fix dinner, but it was kind of hilarious. Tom would be the chef/wildeneress and urban guide of this trip for myself. As we heard the game because we were in the rainforest, John Miller and Joe Morgon, the broadcasters, sounded like they were being shaken by an earthquake or something. The station was going in and out; no problem though. The third batters for the Rays struck out, game over. Phillies won the World Series. Well whoomp de freakin' do!! I wanted the Rays to win. Whatever! Back to camp! lol.
Tom and I got back on the road. We were traveling down the 101. Then, our plan was to come out to Port Orchard, No problem. We exited our favorite route and got on the 104 east freeway, and then the 3 highway heading south through Bremerton. Eventually it turned into the 16 and we were there. Well we left the Sequim Inn at approximately 10 and we reached Ms. Lonie's place at 11:30 a.m. Success!!! YES an Asian man did own this submersible nipple room and board, in this case we provided the board, and the woman the room!
Lonie and her daughters were so excited it was time for us to see the town. We looked at photos and got tour of her apartment. We rode in her car with the kids and crossed the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. Every driver has to pay $4 for the toll bridge whenever they go into Tacoma from Port Orchard. Sucks! We had lunch at the Antique Sandwich Company, yes Tom did purcahse me a AWESOME sanwhich. Hmm. Eating good in the neighborhood. This cafe had its own stage and when it wasn't a day for shows, they put a bunch of toys for the children to play with to keep them entertained. How 'bout that? A coffeeshop/ cafe that actually provides a playpen for the kiddies. haha. I went upstairs to use their restroom and I took a couple magazines. Accoustic Music Magazine and front page and sports page of the Washington newspaper. It wasn't the Seattle Times, I forgot what it was called. Next stop, Point of Defiance. haha.
Point of Defiance was actually a zoo located in Tacoma. It was awesome. They had lemurs, otters, walruses, tigers, sharks, penguins, red wolves, rams, and observatory. This is zoo gave the guest an education center where they ask questions and have some hands on training and knowledge about the animals. The sharks were their own exhibit in a dark room after you come to another room where the trainer is feeding the stingrays. They do have a stadium aphitheatre for shows, but it was the weekend and it was raining. They have the meerkats as an exhibit inside the children's zoo. It so well structured. It's not that big of a zoo, but I was very impressed.
We left the zoo, and stopped at Lonie's grandmother's house. Her parents were out of town, so she would house-sit at her grandmother's to take care of the dog while she was at work. I think that's the story. She drove the dog over to her apartment, then we made an extra trip to somewhere familiar. We went to Walmart! We got drinks. I bought a 12-pack of Dr. Thunder. Then, Lonie and I hit up a liquor store. I purchased a Jaegermeister and later two tall cans of Miller Lite for Tom. It sounds like here, did Tom buy anything, yes he did he actually bought the Dr. Thunder I have just been a bit drunk off of lack of sleep. Oh yeah, probably batteries for his camera. lol. I don't recall. But, got the party mix all together stacked! When, we got back, Hollie, the dog left Lonie a lovely gift on the carpet. No!!! T or L cleaned it, no problem. Then, Lonnie made us a great meal. Pigs in Blanket. Yes, the hotdogs wrapped up in bisquits. She also made a salad. Hmm, good times!! I downed the last Konakee, the Dr. Thunder came first, Jaegermeister preceded the Konakee, and finally a half bottle of Henry Winehard that Lonie forgot to finish and didn't want in fridge. Then, I left the apartment to go karaoking at one of the bars I saw on the way back. (A very drunk and gifted Jeremy will soon come out, not of the cave, NO, come out for wild times!!) A true beast was released, no not my banana-- but my vocals!
Myree's Bar and Grill is where I went for karaoke. I never felt so giddy and halfway uncoordinated. When I got there, I order a glass of coke and rum. After that, I only drank water. The sheets they provided allowed you to write 4 songs on one card. I picked "I Want a New Duck" by Weird Al Yankovich, then it was "Ode to My Car aka "Piece of Shit Car" by Adam Sandler. Song 3 was going to be "Don't Do Me Like That" by Tom Petty and lastly "Norwegian Wood" by The Beattles. Upon finishing song #2 there were some changes that needed to be made. I wanted to sing "We're not Gonna Take It" from Twisted Sister. I told the DJ I wanted to do that song instead and she said ok. I started dancing on the floor between the stage and the tables in between peformances. I was in feeling my groove and all the sudden an old lady who was sitting up by the bar danced with me. She request I sing "You're So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker. I'm like sure, you got it. Now I figured, I should probably put in a new card with those 2 songs written down. The DJ went right passed me as I was sitting down and said, "You're drunk, Jeremy." I'm like yeah you're right. 30 min became 1 hr since I last sang, and I saw the same group up there twice. Finally, I walked over to the DJ asking her when I was coming up. She told me squarely you're not coming back up on stage. I was like fine. Now, telling Tom the story he felt I should've invited the elderly lady to the bar across the street and sing her the song there. I saw a lot of people standing outside that bar, couple black guys (no I'm not racist). I just didn't think it was the right place and the wait most likely would've been longer. See, at Myree's there were only 10-11 people inside. Very few took the stage. I did the right thing, I simply walked out. I had 3 glasses of water after the coke and rum order. They must have thought I wasn't giving them much business or telling them on stage that I was from San Diego must have ticked them off. It might just be it's Port Orchard and Bremerton is a military base, so these people are narrow-minded conservative rednecks that hate songs that are rock 'n' roll dirty. lol. They don't like Piece of Shit Car 'cause there's too much cursing. If you can't stand it why's it in the book? I walked up the hill, but was confused. I was looking for Prospect and I couldn't find it. I was walking back and forth disoriented. Then, I remembered. I crossed the street and made a right, the bar was very close. Oh!! Go up Frederick, and kept going and sure enough I found Prospect. It was a strange trip because I was coming from a different angle. I met Tom at the door, went in changed, brushed my teeth, and went to bed. Daylight savings time occured. I wound my clock back an hour and hit the sack. OH YEAH ITS POINT DEFIANCE ZOO< NOT POINT OF DEFIANCE, DUH!

No comments: