Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Come As You Are

Yes, friends, it's been confirmed. I was cleaning out my room this morning and I found a receipt/ souvenior from Del Taco. The name of the woman who took our orders was Tatyana. There's your proof. That girl was Russian. lol.
We got back on the road and headed through Aberdeen, Washington. We we were in Aberdeen when the sign said "Welcome to Aberdeen, Come As You Are." For those of you who don't know this "Come As You Are" is a title of a song a Grunge band, Nirvana wrote. Kurt Cobain, the leadsinger of the band, who tragically killed himself, was born there in Aberdeen. So, the sign gives you a welcoming tribute. We stopped there for lunch at a Taco. The woman who rung me was, you guessed it, Russian. This time no receipt to show for it, but you gotta trust me with this theory. She had the same accent. Mmm mmm, nothing like lunch from the Bell. Goodbye, Aberdeen.
We droves hours and hours, but finally we arrived at the Hoh River Rainforest. This was one of many campsites inside the Olympic National Park. We got the tent made up. Then, we got out the stove we borrowed from my friend's mother and started cooking up the packs of Top Ramen. Oh, and Tom found a machete someone left under the bench. There's was hardly anyone out camping, and we got a nice spot right by the Hoh River. We hiked a few of the trails later. We covered the Spruce Loop and the Hall of Mosses. These trees were incredible. Not to mention, the leaves were bright orange, yellowish brown, and red. So, as I said, we got our hiking on just when it was starting to get dark and we didn't bring flashlight; though, we still make it back to our campsite. Tom packed a flashlight, I didn't own one. I had to use my cellphone as a torch to find my way to the restroom and back. There's more to come folks. I swear it does get better.
I slept well. I rested in the tent, and Tom slept in the car. The sky was perfectly black, but there was something fishy about those clouds. They were bunched together just like when we arrived in Washington. Oh know! I checked the weather report. It's all good. I know what's going down. Stay tuned!!!

No comments: